This help topic contains information on advanced installation of the Outlook Plugin. For more basic installation instructions, please see our tutorial on how to install the Outlook Plugin.
Advanced Installation Options
The installer is available in .exe file format. ‘Quiet Installation’ of the installer will automate the application install process further by removing user prompts and dialogs.
- Microsoft .Net 4.0
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 ; 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016
- With Quiet Installation of versions prior to 1.17, the Transfer Manager will not auto-start after install is complete.
- SendThisFile Username and Password will need to be configured on the client machine.
EXE Installation File (for versions prior to 1.17)
- Quiet Installation w/ Log
- SendThisFile_Ev1.7.exe /s /v”/l*v \”C:\LogFile.txt\” /qn”
- Quiet Installation
- SendThisFile_Ev1.7.exe /s /v”/qn”
EXE Installation File (for versions 1.17+)
- Quiet Installation w/ Log in %TEMP%
- SendThisFileOutlookPlugin-1.17.exe /quiet
- Show Other Installer Options
- SendThisFileOutlookPlugin-1.17.exe /?
After Installation Setup
- The first time the client runs Outlook they may see the following dialog.
- Click the ‘SendThisFile’ tab in Outlook
- Click the ‘Connecting’ button and enter the email and password for the SendThisFile account.
Using Command Line to Change Outlook Plugin Properties
Enter the following commands to view and change Outlook Plugin Properties.
Open a command window
- Cd \Program Files (x86)\SendThisFile
Display all settings
- sendthisfileoptions.exe -s
Changing User Settings
- sendthisfileoptions.exe -u AllowPersonal=False
- sendthisfileoptions.exe -u ShowMyFiles=False
- sendthisfileoptions.exe -u Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org
- sendthisfileoptions.exe -u Password=testTEST123
- sendthisfileoptions.exe -u MinimalSize=5
- sendthisfileoptions.exe -g ConcurrentUpload=True