Follow the steps below to begin the first step in sending a large file, which is the secure upload of your file to our servers for distribution to your recipient(s).
- Easily send files by entering one recipient’s address in the Recipient’s email address field. Double check this email address for accuracy. Mistyped email addresses are a common mistake.
- You have the option to change the text in the Subject field. Simply delete the default text and type in your subject text.
- You have the option to send your recipient a personalized message with the file. Type your message text in the Message field.
- Use the Choose File button to locate the file you wish to send. It’s the same as using Microsoft’s Explore function.
- Paid Account holders may send up to five files at once.
- Paid Account holders can select which custom email template to use by using the pulldown menu.
- Paid Account holders can select 256-bit AES encryption by making sure the box is checked.
- Paid Account holders can request email confirmation of the first file download, or each file download, by using the Download Notice pulldown menu.
- Paid Account holders can request an email notification when the file expires by checking the Delete Notice box.
- Paid Account holders can choose to have the file automatically deleted after a preselected number of download attempts using the Delete after ___ Downloads field. Note: This option deletes the file after the number of download attempts designated. Even unsuccessful attempts are counted.
- When you’re ready to send a file or files, click the SendThisFile button. Your file upload will begin and a progress bar will display the file transfer progress. When the file is successfully uploaded, SendThisFile will send an email to the recipient with a download file link.
Caution: Keep the SendThisFile page open while your file uploads. If you close your browser, or click on the “”Back”” button, the file upload will stop.