Though we no longer support a SendThisFile desktop client, it’s easy to create a desktop shortcut for quick access. Follow the each step below to create a desktop shortcut in Windows that will allow quick access to your ‘Send Files’ page.
Create the shortcut
- Log in to your SendThisFile account
- Click on the Send Files menu option
- Left-click on the SendThisFile icon to the left of the URL in the web browser’s address bar and drag it to your desktop
You should now have a shortcut on your desktop.
Rename the shortcut
If you’d like, you may rename the shortcut
- Right-click on the desktop icon
- On the menu, Click ‘Rename’
- Type SendThisFile and press ‘Enter’
The icon will now show the name “SendThisFile.”
Modify shortcut URL
For this step you will remove information that sends you to a specific server. SendThisFile uses multiple servers and if, for example, one is taken down for scheduled maintenance you would be unable to access the service.
- Right-click on the desktop icon.
- Click on Properties on the menu that will appear. This will open a window called ‘SendThisFile Properties.’
- Put your cursor over the field labeled ‘URL’ and Left-click.
- If you see a number after www in the URL (e.g., www3), delete the number.
- Next, delete everything AFTER index.jsp in the URL.
- Click on the OK button at the bottom of the SendThisFile Properties window.
This step ensures that you will always be directed to the most readily available SendThisFile server.