Enterprise plans ensure that files are transferred using security layers. Uploads are encrypted using 128-bit SSL encryption, files are stored using 256-bit AES file while they rest on our servers, downloads can be password protected and are even encrypted using 128-bit SSL. All uploads and downloads are logged. Audit logs are available online or can be downloaded into a comma separated file (CSV).
When you sign up, SendThisFile customer support will work with you to create an Enterprise Branded Form. This is similar to our Filebox, which is a webform that allows your customers or clients to send files to you securely, with no need to create an account or login (unless you specify that). In Enterprise, this functionality can be completely customized and can be embedded on your website so that your customers have a completely seamless user experience.
We will customize the Enterprise Branded Form and emails to meet your requirements and branding, or you may choose to do these customizations using the help documentation in this section. Once the Enterprise Branded Form is complete you have two options; to create a custom URL (e.g. https://www.sendthisfile.com/YourCompanyName) or to embed the HTML on your website.
When the Enterprise Branded Form is in place, users can begin uploading files. To upload a file your users will go to your form or custom URL and do the following:
- Enter their email address
- Enter their intended recipient(s) email address(es)
- Enter a subject (optional)
- Enter a message (optional)
- Select the file(s) to upload
- Click on the submit button
A secure connection will be established to the SendThisFile file servers and the file transfer will begin. Files will be uploaded using 128-bit SSL encryption and streamed to a 256-bit AES file on our server. During the file transfer, a progress meter will show the transfer status. Once the upload is complete, a success page is presented and a File Notification email is sent to the recipient(s). (The notification email can be customized too.)
What Happens When Your Files are Sent?
The recipient will receive an email containing a download link. To download a file that has been sent via a SendThisFile Enterprise Branded Form, the recipient simply follows these steps:
- Click on the download link in the email. This will launch a web browser.
- The web browser will display a password page (passwords are optional and setup when the Enterprise Branded Form is created).
- Enter the password. Passwords are either set by the sender, assigned to the recipient, or set by the recipient. This functionality is determined when the Enterprise Branded Form is created.
- Once the password is correctly entered, the recipient’s files are displayed along with download links. Files can be downloaded by right-clicking the download link and choosing “save as.”
- Once a file has been successfully downloaded, the sender will receive a File Downloaded Notification (optional and customizable).